I’ve just completed a Bachelor of Journalism from Monash University, and have entered the scary and exciting (and sometimes dull, let’s be honest) world of freelance writing. I am a writer for hire. Anyone?
Melbourne is my home. I’d love to travel the world but I feel like I’d always return to this amazing, vibrant city.
My general interests include all things music, book, films and TV series, food (including making food/taking photos of food) and dogs. I also like being connected to the internet every waking minute. Some might say that’s obsessive but I think of it as being hyper-connected. We live in a liquid world, guys. I’m just trying to keep afloat.
Some of the articles I post on this blog have been published on/in:
- online student publication NewsHit (I was the music section’s co-editor from December 2010-November 2011)
- Melbourne music blog Paper-Deer (I was assistant editor before it went on indefinite hiatus)
- Melbourne streetpress music magazine Inpress (I’m currently an intern/EP reviewer)
- music website Tone Deaf (I did a five-month internship)
- the online reviews section of the Student Youth Network (SYN) website
- Australian music website The AU Review
- feminist and culture magazine Lipmag
- teen girls’ website Teenage Girl’s Survival Guide (I’m the features intern)
I also write monthly trend reports for brand research and development company, Scout.
While I have mainly written about music so far, I love writing about anything to do with arts and culture (and probably some other stuff, too).
I am available for any kind of freelance work including articles, reports, band bios, blurbs, press releases, sub-editing and proof-reading etc.
You can contact me at stephanieb.liew[at]gmail.com